Background

Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Cookies

The road to wellness is often bumpy and rough.  This delicious recipe reminds me of the Rocky Road recipe Mom made when I was younger. However now since I am an adult (and sensitive to nuts) I have to come up with my own twist on avoiding nuts in recipes.  When I found this recipe I was tickled; it did just that....it worked well for all.

Candy Cane Rocky Road
adapted from: http://tasteandseerecipe.blogspot.com/2013/12/candy-cane-marshmallow-fudge.html

1 (11.5oz) bag chocolate chips
1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 t vanilla
3 cups mini marshmallows
1/2 cup crushed candy canes

Grease a piece of foil and place in a 9x13pan.  In a large bowl (microwave-safe) melt together chocolate and milk, stirring often.  Once melted completely stir in vanilla, marshmallows and candy canes.  Spread evenly into dish.  Cover and refridgerate.  Keep cold before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment