Background

Friday, October 18, 2013

Home Sick...

Whentever I leave my beautiful home state I get nostalgic and homesick for my beautiful mountains. When I found this recipe I thought of my brothers who are out of state (who must be missing their mountains too).

Rocky Mountain Cookies
adapted from: http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2010/12/rocky-mountain-cookies-sugar-rush-11.html

1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
2 cups flour
1 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1/2 t baking powder
2 cups oats
2 cups rice krispie cereal
2 cups chocolate chips (I used half butterscotch chips)

Preheat oven to 350.  In a large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugars.  Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.  Slowly add flour, soda, salt, and baking powder.  Incorporate well.  Fold in oats, cereal and chips.  Drop by tablespoons on to greased cookie sheet.  Bake about 12 minutes.
Variation: Dump batter into a greased 9x13pan and bake for 25minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment