Background

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Sloppy Philly Sandwiches

Philly Steak sandwiches are an all-time favorite of my husband and me.  However last week I was in a pinch. I wanted to make them but I had no steak.  What should I do?  As I was perusing cooking blogs I came across a recipe for this twist on sloppy joes....it was very tasty.  It would be even better with fries or roasted potato wedges.  mmm...

Sloppy Philly Sandwiches

1 pound ground beef
1 T olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper chopped
1 T cornstarch
1 cup beef broth
1/4 cup A-1 steak sauce
2 t steak seasoning (Montreal is good)
salt/pepper
provolone/mozzarella

Brown ground beef.  Drain fat; return to pan.  Add onion, green pepper and olive oil with ground beef (after you return to pan). Saute until veggies get soft.  Whisk together cornstarch, broth and A-1.  Add to beef mixture.  Stir in seasonings.  Serve on hamburger buns (or hoagie rolls) with a slice or two of the cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment