Background

Friday, March 8, 2013

Spicy Orange Goodness

A few years back my brother (who also LOVES to cook and bake) shared an amazing recipe with me.  It is one that my husband and I really enjoy.  It is even company-approved.  It has a great balanced combination of spiciness and sweet.

5-Spiced Orange Tilapia
brother & Cuisine At Home Magazine

Fish
4 Tilapia Fillets
2 T olive oil
1/4-1/2 t Chinese 5 spice
Brush fillets with mixture.  Fry in frying pan or bake in the oven at 425 until fish flakes (about 25minutes).

Sauce
1/4 cup orange marmalade
1/2 cup sweet Thai chili sauce
1/4 cup orange juice (I even used straight concentrate)
Whisk together in a small saucepan.  Heat. Evaporate liquid from the orange juice (your kitchen will be smelling strongly of orange).

Make a pot of white rice.  Place fish fillet on amount of rice.  Top with sauce (over fish and rice).

No comments:

Post a Comment