Background

Thursday, January 17, 2013

What Could Go Wrong With Feta, Tomatoes & Artichokes?

Noting. Feta Cheese is another amazing dumbfounding wonder of the world.  I love the stuff.  I could eat it by the spoonful-if only it were cheaper.  When I find a recipe with all these lovely ingredients in it, I just had to try it.  The recipe I tried last Friday did not disappoint.  I think you will enjoy as much as we did.  (BAP and SSP just liked the shrimp and the pasta.)  Husband and I just loved the flavor combination in our mouths...it was like a party in your mouth.  Enjoy with crusty garlic bread or on its own.

Roasted Greek Shrimp With Orzo
adapted from: http://sugarandspice-celeste.blogspot.com/2012/12/roasted-greek-shrimp-with-orzo.html

1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 (2.25oz) can sliced olives, drained
6oz quartered and marinated artichoke hears
12 oz grape tomatoes
1 cup Feta cheese
1 cup cooked orzo pasta (note: when cooking place some lemon juice in the water so it gets lemony)

Preheat oven to 400.  Mix together shrimp,olives, tomatoes and artichokes.  Tossing. Spread on a lined baking sheet. Bake  about 10-12 minutes until shrimp is cooked.  Place in a large bowl and stir in cooked pasta.  Add Feta.  Mix thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment