Background

Saturday, December 29, 2012

To Drink (Or Not To Drink)

I love chai tea.  However I do not like the side effects (migraine from the caffeine...ugh.) Is it worth it or not?!  For Christmas gifts for some family and friends I made this mix.  It smells so divine.  The nice thing is that it makes A LOT and you only need 1-2 T per cup of hot water or milk.

Chai Tea Mix
adapted from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chai-tea-mix/

1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
1 cup French vanilla powdered non-dairy creamer
2 1/2 cups white sugar (I used only 1 1/2 cups)
1 1/2 cups unsweetened instant tea
2 t ground ginger
2 t ground cinnamon
1 t ground cloves
1 t ground cardamom
1 t nutmeg
1 t allspice (got it out but for got to add it)
1/4 t white pepper

Combine well in blender(oops my husband and I did it in a large mixing bowl). Divvy up between several jars. Makes about 3 cups worth (of mix).

No comments:

Post a Comment