Background

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

What How Could I Do That?!

Tonight I thought I would try a recipe that I have had marked in my cookbook to try for awhile.  It was simple and easy and of course, delicious.  I would have never thought of using all the traditional ingredients for stuffed peppers and just combining them into a quick and easy skillet meal.  SSP, husband and I loved it.  BAP was a little skeptical.  (He finally tried it after we promised him a piece of honey bread).

Unstuffed Peppers
Rachael Ray Magazine

1 cup long grain wild rice (I used a whole box of Uncle Ben's wild rice blend), cooked according to directions
1 pound Italian Sausage, browned
2 green bell peppers, chopped fine
1 package mushrooms, sliced
1 red onion, diced

Brown sausage in a large frying pan (with a little olive oil), breaking up as you cook it up.  Remove from pan.  Add 1T olive oil and 1T butter to frying pan.  Brown veggies in pan; scrap meat bits off bottom as you go.  Add cooked rice and sausage.  Mix thoroughly and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment