Background

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Awesome Food I Did NOT Make (My Husband Did)

My dear husband gave me 'the day off' from cooking etc on Mother's Day.  It was nice just being able to relax and breathe.  He even made me an awesome egg casserole (I gave him the recipe I wanted).  He did it; even though he forgot one minor detail of greasing the pan.  Oh well, it tasted really good.  He can make something more than mac and cheese and hot dogs.  Who would have thought?!  Wow was it good; I think I could have eaten the whole pan worth.

 Green Chile, Bacon and Cheese Egg Bake
adapted from: http://www.recipegirl.com/2012/05/11/green-chile-bacon-and-cheese-egg-bake/

1 large (7oz) can diced green chilies
2 cups grated cheddar cheese (save 1/2 cup for topping)
3 cups milk
4 eggs
1 cup flour
1/2 t garlic powder
1/4 t onion powder
1/3 pound bacon (cooked, cooled and crumbled)

Combine all ingredients.  Mix well (make sure eggs are beaten well). Pour into a GREASED 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes (we did closer to an hour since our oven is on the fritz and we were at Mass while it baked). Sprinkle with remaining cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment