Background

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Interesting Combination ... But Oh So Good

Often times I will get a freebie magazine in the mail. I will pour over all the recipes. I will tear out the recipes I think sound good (if there is only a couple) or sometimes I will keep the whole magazine. Since I am VERY sensitive to any and all nuts, I found the perfect recipe that has an awesome nutty flavor. I can do without the headache that nuts bring.

Toasted Sesame Seed Sugar Cookies

2 3/4 cup flour
2 t cream of tartar
1 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar (I did 1 1/3)
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
1 cup toasted sesame seeds, divided (2-1.62 oz jars)
2 ounces bittersweet baking chocolate, melted (I used 1/3 cup chocolate chips)

Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. In a large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Add dry ingredients and 1/4 cup sesame seeds. Refrigerate 2 hours until firm. Roll into 1 inch balls. Roll in remaining seeds. Place on non-greased cookie sheets. Bake at 400 for 6-8 minutes until SLIGHTLY golden. Cool completely. Drizzle with chocolate. Harden. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment