Background

Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Cookies

Ever tried a recipe that came with a fancy new kitchen gadget? I have rarely found a recipe that I actually like (unless I tweak it A LOT). However a few years back I gave my youngest sister a cookie cutter of a polar bear from the zoo in Anchorage for Christmas. Mom and sister tried the recipe. They have just raved about how its the best recipe ever for sugar cookies. I had to try it...I was so good.

Polar Bear Cookies

1 1/2 cups butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 t vanilla
(I add about 1/4 - 1/2 t almond extract too)
5 cups flour
2 t baking powder
1 t salt

Cream butter, sugar, eggs and extracts. Slowly incorporate flour, baking powder and salt. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Roll out on a floured surface. Cut out desired shapes. Bake at 400 for about 6-8 minutes on greased cookie sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment