Background

Monday, October 3, 2011

If You Like Rice Krispie Treats & Trail Mix...


You will LOVE these. Looking at the back of my craisin bag, I noticed a few recipes. I think I will have to try all of them. The first one I made yesterday. It is so awesome. These krispie little bars remind me of these Nature Valley Bars without the nuts.

Trail Mix Treasures


1/4 cup margarine
1 pkg (40 reg size or 5 cups mini) marshmallows
5 cups rice krispies
3/4 cup Craisins
2/3 cup salted sunflower seeds
1 cup chocolate chips

In a large sauce pan on low melt margarine. Add marshmallows, stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in cereal, craisins, and sunflower seeds. Add 3/4 cup chocolate chips, just until combined. Place in a well greased 13x9 pan. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Press into surface. Cool completely. Serve. Keep well covered (if they last longer than one sitting).

1 comment:

  1. These look so yummy! Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to make them, I love chewy granola bars :).

    Happy Day,
    Jasey @ Jasey's Crazy Daisy

    ReplyDelete