Background

Friday, September 2, 2011

Reminiscent Of Those Long Ago College Days

The other day my old roommate [Hi :)] reminded me of a dish we often made in college. I remember it being really good. I looked it up again and found something similiar...so yummy. So yummy that hubby broke his rule of only one helping at dinner time ... oops. BAP and SSP even ate the noodles and the 'hot dogs' without all the extras mixed in to them.

Pasta Jambalaya

1/2 T butter
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup bell pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
1 t Cajun seasoning
1 (15-oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (16-oz) can diced tomatoes
1/2 (7-oz) diced green chilies
1 (4 oz) kielbasa (Polish sausage), thinly sliced
3 cups pasta, tubes are best (I used rigatoni), cooked and drained

Saute onion, pepper and garlic with butter in deep sauce pan at medium high heat. Cook 5 minutes or so. Lower heat to medium and add seasoning; cook another minute or so until flavors become fragrant. Add black beans, tomatoes, chilies, and kielbasa. Cook about 10-15 minutes until mixture begins to thicken. Add pasta. Stir once again. Serve piping hot.



If you want the original recipe we made in college check out this site:

1 comment:

  1. You & your black beans! I forgot about how much of an obsession you had with black beans. =) It's funny but I don't hate them as much as I did in college. Just thinking about our pasta jambalaya makes my mouth water - thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete