Background

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Fried Chicken - Well Sort Of


Everyone (or at least most everyone) enjoys fried chicken. The other day, as I was thumbing through my recipes, I found this recipe. I thought I had died and went to Heaven. I served this with potato salad, chips and corn. MMM....it was so good and so much healthier.




Crispy Ranch Chicken
from Great American Recipes

2 cups crispy rice cereal
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1 envelope (1 oz) Ranch Salad Dressing mix
2 egg whites, beaten
8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 5 oz each)

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a large cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Combine rice cereal, Parmesan and ranch salad dressing mix in a large bowl.
Place beaten egg whites in a medium bowl. Dip each chicken thigh in the egg whites and then in the cereal mixture to coat evenly.
Arrange coated chicken on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden brown and juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a knife, 20-25 minutes. Serve hot.
Serves 4 (2 thighs each)

Note: I used 7 drumsticks and omitted the Parmesan. I also coated another 7 drumsticks with 1/3 cup (total) of Southwest Dijon mustard and rolled in the rice cereal too. Both ways were awesome. The ranch ones were more savory tasting where the mustard ones were more sweet and sour. Baked at 425 for an hour on greased foil-lined baking sheet. Sprayed cooking spray on them before popping them into the oven.


No comments:

Post a Comment